Thursday, February 26, 2009

Bugger Up

This SMS between my Brother in the USA and myself sums it up.

Ray and I broke the cardinal rule, we rode at night, we were to sleep in Francistown Botswana but we had such a great ride we thought we would push on into Zim. The border post was kinda empty so we shot through in a flash and late afternoon we were filling up in Bulawayo. Well this is were it goes a bit pear shaped, we were told Bulawayo was no longer a very safe place to stay and we should look for somewhere out of town, so we opted to ride to the Halfway Hotel which they said was around a hundred km or so, well needless to say it was a frigging a lot further than that, it got dark and we just missed a tree in the middle of the road, we were told later it was pushed over by Elephant, well you can imagine it was dark and no moon and in a flash I saw some shadows moving across the road, shadows my behind, they were cattle I saw only one of the many, primary because it was black with white spots over its body, just in case you were wondering, I saw the white spots and grabbed a handful of breaks, everything is not that clear but it seems I parked the Tiger up the rear end of one cow and bounced off another which I believe I knocked it off it's feet. The reason I know I parked the tiger up one's rear end is my bike is full of cow Sh*t, I got hurt a bit, I was lucky to miss all those dam horns.

Well needless to say the cow got up and ran for them hills, I figure, if it ever hears a Bike again, it's eyes will bulge, cry Moooooooo and run for its life..
Getting help in Zimbabwe is a fantastic story and will post over the weekend, just need to get permission to use their names.

Ray had to ride back all on his PAT with hardly any cell phone coverage to talk about...

Never fear my bike is on its way back, I will have it fixed and hopefully we start over in 3 to 4 weeks time, please God this is true.....